Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

National Quilting Day and Dallas Hotel

Good Morning Friends!

Did you know that Saturday, March 17 (tomorrow!) not only St. Patrick's Day it is National Quilting Day?  National Quilting Day is a special day set aside by the National Quilting Association several years ago to celebrate the art and craft of quilting and friendship.  Okay, they might not have included the friendship part, but that is what friends do together isn't it?  Quilt!


You can download a PDF of a wonderful pattern designed by Martha Etheridge who is the National Quilting Day Coordinator for NQA.   Go to the NQA web site here .  Did I mention this is a FREE project?  The Mariners Compass in the center is also the theme of the NQA 43rd Annual Quilt show June 14-16, 2012.

Now I promised you a look at where I spent the 8 days in Dallas.  If you have to spend that much time in a hotel, this is the way to go!


A sitting area is so nice when you spend more than one or two nights in a hotel.  Being able to go back and put your feet up or invite a few others in for a visit with an actual place for them to sit is great!


A place to set the computer to work is essential.  Wi-Fi was not free, though, so I had to go to the lobby for that.  Sorry, it would have cost a months worth of cable for the 8 days!



A coffee maker -- yes that is a must!  Behind the cabinet doors are a microwave and a small refrigerator.  Not that I had anything to put in them, but I did heat some water for tea in the microwave so it wouldn't taste like coffee!



Of course, you do need a bed to sleep in. But look at the size of this bed!



It was HUGE!  The last night I left my suitcase on one side of the bed while I slept on the other side and there was still plenty of room!  The patio door was nice, too, since I was on the 4th floor.  It was cold and rainy though, so the door didn't get that much use!

There you have it -- my home away from home and a FREE project for National Quilting Day.

The corned beef is in the slow cooker so I'm ready for both St. Paddy's Day and National Quilting Day.

Hope you have a wonderful day today and are able to celebrate quilting and being Irish tomorrow!

Until next time!

xoxoXOXOxoxo

Lois

No comments: