Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sew Much Fun! Sew Day!

Happy Saturday!

So far I've vacuumed my whole house including the stairs and the master bedroom closet, read a bit, took photos for a future tutorial which meant I was sewing, too, and made egg salad sandwiches for lunch.

But, Thursday, I got to join my friends Joyce, and Diane for a Sew Day.  It was the first one this year.


Diane was working on these blocks which needed some trimming.

She also brought the yummy ginger cookies we snacked on and tangelos for both Joyce and me!



Joyce was chain piecing on her triangles and playing hostess.  She sent me home with 2 bags of grapefruit!  Yum!  Tangelos and Grapefruit!  Our lemon tree froze last year, but is blooming this year so maybe next year I'll be able to share lemons with them!



I trimmed half square triangle units (tutorial soon!) and then started chain piecing squares for 4-patch units.  See the trimmed h/s triangle units and a few halves of 4-patch units in the tray.



We laughed, talked and solved the world's problems, so you can rest easy now!  We also contributed to Joyce's snippet jar.  She stuffs pillows with the little snippets.



Here is the snippet jar I started yesterday with a completed 4-patch units next to it.  Joyce can have the snippets when it's full.  I just think it looks cute sitting there.

Hope the rest of your day is fun.  I'm off to help with the 2 and 3 year old class at church tonight.

Talk about cute!  They sure are!

xoxoXOXOxoxo,
Lois

No comments: